Thursday, November 15, 2007

ALICIA KEYS ALBUM RELEASE FOR "AS I AM"

page six said:
IF you want Alicia Keys to show up at your club, you'd better get it cleaned up for her arrival. Keys skipped the bash for her new CD, "As I Am," Tuesday at Pacha because the place was "a mess," said her manager, Jeanine McLean. "She was going to go through, have a drink and celebrate as a favor to the club. But when she got there, there was no security and the crowd was rough. She sat there waiting for them to get it together for an hour."
R&M said:
Club promoters had rented out the nightclub Pacha in midtown to fete the beauty's new album, "As I Am," and had allegedly negotiated her appearance to the tune of $15,000. But missing money kept the singer circling the block for nearly an hour while the promoters hustled to find $4,000 to get Keys out of her car and into the club, says our source.
Alicia was slated for a midnight arrival, but by the time 1:30 a.m. rolled around, her bodyguards, friends and even boyfriend were all inside waiting for her. Outside, Keys drove around the neighborhood. Keys' manager, Jeff Robinson
Who do we believe?!
John Mayer w ALicia Keys' Mom
Laurie Ann"Boom Boom Kat" Gibson, Olivia Palermo, uber BJ Coleman



"Ever since I was little, I always felt like if people knew about me, they'd be able to use it against me," Keys explains. "I've just always been like, ‘If you don't know about me, there's nothing you can say to destroy or hurt me.' So, moving into a career where people are always prying, my instinct has always been to close up.
"I discovered a lot about myself I didn't like. I would look in the mirror, and I didn't know who that person was. I didn't like my eyes; I didn't like what they said. I couldn't sleep. I was uncomfortable all the time, and irritated and frustrated
."

No comments: